Tuesday 9 November 2010

Aaaargh!

Just got back from uni, after having three industry lectures which were good. First guy from Ted Baker was most interesting talking about range planning, and it was nice to see how another company actually works, from the design process to the final product promotions.

Feeling a little bit behind with work at the moment, as I keep getting distracted. I think having Sarah this year as my tutor is good, however I don't feel that panic and rush to do as much work as possible before a tutorial as I did in my second year when I had Sonia. Also still feeling a little confused on the actual concept development project that we are handing in and what needs to be included, and in what quantities.

For example, the inspiration part of the project, I have already done a lot of work for but i'm not sure how much we are expected to include in this project, before we actually begin properly designing.

Also had a good chat with Min and Emma today about the layout of the project, as some of us have had quite different opinions on how we should be laying it out, and what format to be writing it in.

I have seen some students past work, which have been written very formally and very text based, and I think while that can work for some more academic students, students like myself who don't think it is entirely interesting or necessary for the reader, want to create something a bit more user friendly and engaging.

So hopefully, I will talk to Sarah and possibly Sue about how to continue from this point to check with them about producing a document that isn't quite so wordy (but still with the critical content).

No comments:

Post a Comment