Wednesday 24 November 2010

Casting

Yesterday me and Sam got up super early and went to the H and M lanvin launch to do some consumer questionnaires! Got some really good responses and was a good time to ask people, as we tried previously to do some inn Sloane Square and got NO responses. People standing in queues don’t have a lot of other better things to do! Got quite a mix of responses, and really diverse group of people. It was absolutely FREEZING cold, but worth it, (and we had sneaky Macdonalds breakfasts afterwards!).

Have always known from the start, from my initial research into diving boots that I wanted to use toe caps, but wasn’t sure where to get them made. Had a look around Lineapelle, and found some industrial toe caps for like factory use, but they didn’t do the kind of thing I wanted. I emailed John Edwards at uni who kind of runs the metal work department at GL and organised a meeting with him. Got really excited after talking to him about it as he was really keen to help and came up with some interesting ideas! Told me to get some sheets of dental wax and start playing around with different ideas. Called my mum up as she is a dental hygienist and shes going to order me some dental wax (for free wahoo!) and hopefully that will come soon and I can start playing around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment