Thursday 20 January 2011

A Weller, Weller, Weller!

Atalanta Weller came in today to give a talk to us about her career etc. Was a bit awkward at the start, she seemed quite nervous, and at the end it went silent for a bit too long and was pretty uncomfortable! Interesting though, didn’t know that she started out working for Clarks, I wouldn’t have expected that. Good advice about working in the industry in several different types of brands before even thinking about setting up a brand. Was nice to talk to her at the end as well, as I have met her a couple of times before at London and Paris Fashion weeks.

Also looking at my research a bit more, was interested in the idea of using some kind of rubber to seal the seams, like on old diving suits. I did a bit or ringing around and spoke to Pentonville Rubbers, and they said because they only do sheet rubber, they couldn’t help but they recommended Tiranti’s modelling shop. Went there and had a chat with the guy and he said I should try liquid latex. Bought a big bottle of it and some acrylic paints, as he said you can mix it wirth acrylic paint to get different colours! SUPER excited to try it out!

Oh also got my concept development back last week… was kind of disappointed…I got a good grade but being 3 marks off a first was a bit hard to hear. Especially since ALL my best mates at uni got firsts for theirs. Wish I could go back and do a little bit more. Not quite sure what let me down, but they said I hadn’t put enough initial research into it which was SUPER annoying, because I had done loads I just hadn’t put it in as I didn’t think we had to put very much in… : ( oh well… a bit late now. Just need to make sure I pick up the marks in the next bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment